Please note that on Monday December 14 the number of days that contacts self-isolate was reduced from 14 days to 10 days. Contacts who have already isolated for 10 days or more can end their isolation.
Following an increase in coronavirus (COVID-19) cases, additional restrictions have been introduced for people living in Northern Ireland. These are aimed at limiting the chances for the virus to spread between households.
You should not allow:
- people you do not live with into your home, except for for bubbling with one other household and certain other exemptions.
- more than six people to gather in your garden (not including children aged 12 or under), from no more than two households.
However from 23 to 27 December, limited changes are being made to household restrictions to allow some social contact. You can find out more here.
Everyone can also help stop COVID-19 spreading by:
- Avoiding touching your face and washing your hands as soon as you get home.
- If you go outside stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people.
- Wearing a face covering in enclosed spaces where social distancing is not possible.
Remember, you can spread the virus even if you don't have symptoms.
A covid-19 symptom checker is available here.